It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:11 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FFXI ?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:39 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Anyone still playing this? Had a few questions. Trying to find a good fix for me and two people that play alot but WoW wasn't their thing and my new career and girlfriend doesn't really allow for me to keep up the hardcore raiding of WoW that kept me happy.

Basically trying to see if FFXI is worth getting into or if I should convince them vanguard might be our next game. (currently on DDO and maybe that will do the trick but i have heard some bad things). I played FFXI when it first came out and eventually quit because there was only a few american players that were as high level as me and the japenese really weren't making the game very fun.

Main questions are if they improved on some of the primary issues that plagued the game early on. And if its mainly still group oriented or do they do more raid missions etc. If anyone is playing it please feel free to give some feedback on it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:08 AM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

FFXI had potential, but it's flaws are too great, IMO. The interface is HORRIBLE, really hard to use. Even with a ps2 controller (what the game was designed around), it was really unwieldy. The XP curve is also really wonky- you need to all be like within one level of everyone in your group, or else your xp drops off sharply.

Altho, things might be different now, I haven't played in a long time...

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Currently playing FFXI
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:15 AM 
Noob
Noob

FFXI still has the grouping problems it had before. You still need to group to get anywhere.
It still has the experience weirdness too. All people in the group need to be around 3 levels like say 20 to 22 for example.
It's definitely a challenging game. There are a lot more high level american players now. Most of the hard core Japanese players wont play with american players.
I will agree that the interface is weird.

It really depends on what you're looking for though...
If their are 3 of you playing together all the time finding 3 more isn't that hard.
I enjoy it...... just make sure you learn how to make money heh
Items and spells get expensive.

Tinzi

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:02 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Caladaar
WoW: Dirka
I never had a problem with the interface /shrug

I quit playing because none of my friends were playing, and also because of the group problems.

If they had made North American only servers, and fixed those grouping problems, it could have been the best MMO :\

The biggest enemy of freedom is a happy slave.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:40 AM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

i didnt have any interface issues and i used my mouse to play. I got to the mid 30's and quit due to the anti american issues on my server and i refused to start over on a new server. I unlocked beastmaster job cause i thought it was a good solo class. Yep it was but the exp sucked until you weere able to get the release skill.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:03 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Nothing has changed except they've added more content for people to be retards in.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:48 PM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

If you're looking for something that requires less time investment than WoW then look elsewhere.

Offline Profile