It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:26 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:13 AM 

If anybody was ever interested, not that I'd suggest it. Square/Enix is
inging back its "popular" character restoration service. <
>
<
>
Basically you go on this website, read a bunch of horseshit and try to decipher between two plans they offer.<
>
<
>
The first is for people that cancelled their PlayOnline subscription.<
>
<
>
The second is for people who left it active, but cannot recover characters normally because they have a deleted Final Fantasy XI content key.<
>
<
>
My PlayOnline account is still active, so the Plan A didn't work for me, but trying B out showed all of my old characters. The odd thing is, I had played a bit after my initial Taru Paladin got deleted with a character of the same name and it wasn't listed. So who knows.<
>
<
>
Anyway, just in case anybody was interested seeing as how the new expansion/XBOX360 version is right around the corner.<
>
<
>
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campai ... index.html <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:13 AM 

Did they ever make NA servers?<
>
<
>
Waste of time otherwise. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:15 PM 

Quote:Basically you go on this website, read a bunch of horseshit and try to decipher between two plans they offer.<
>
<
>
Seriously why the fuck is their shit so hard to get through, that and canceling the damned account was harder than most game quests :P The Birth of Tarot (NSFW)<
><
>
Keep my head from exploding?...<b>You can help!</b><i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:31 AM 

Sorry to post again, but seriously, did they ever make NA servers? That was like my only problem with the game. Japanese players wouldn't group with NA players and the language barrier was too difficult to get over.<
>
<
>
Please help me! <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:41 AM 

No, they never made "NA onry" servers. The auto translator makes it possible to have a functional party with japanese and english speakers.<
>
<
>
Although gilsellers have taken the top spot as most villified there's still a lot of cultural animosity at the high end, but if it wasn't that there'd be something else to complain about. Same old shit just a different game. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:34 AM 

Is that the same translator that was already in the game from the start? Because it alone wasn't enough imo to get over the language barrier. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:29 PM 

Yes it's still the same thing, but like I said you can have functional even great multilingual groups with that. You can set up skill chains, say I'm pulling this, sleep that, basic things like that, but yeah you're not gonna be able to communicate everything. And yes there's still kiddies that shout <Mithra> <Hand> <Job> <Do you have it?> and other similar nonsense. It was funny the first few times, but it just gets old after a while.<
>
<
>
I'd probably have quit the game sometime ago myself, but I enjoy playing with friends, and we only group once a week so that's probably slowed the burnout considerably.<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:25 PM 

Don't try and give kudos to the translator functions of FFXI. I still want to know what the designers had in mind when they added "[Are you alone?]" Mega creepy...<
>
<
>
I'm aware of what the intention probably was, but seriously, there's much better ways to ask if you are not currently in a party. ~Giliad, Shadow Priest of Elune (World of Warcraft)<
>
Maestro Havrad Spellsinger, Bladedancer and Spoony Bard (EQ, retired)<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:23 PM 

FFXI is the one game that could actually make itself better one hundred fold by having instances. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:47 AM 

Do they have North American only servers yet?<
>
<
>
That is the only reason I quit. "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."<
>
- Soren Kierkegaard<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:03 AM 

I asked that above. Apparentlly there are not NA-only servers. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:23 AM 

FFXI is probably the only mmorpg I have zero wish to ever return to...well maybe DAOC too...<
>
<
>
Only thing I had fun with in the end of ffxi was Tarutarus lol...rest of the game could kiss my ass.<
>
<
>
NA servers would have made a WORLD of difference. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:42 AM 

Four reasons why FFXI is not the greatest MMO ever.<
>
<
>
1. Severely restricted soloing.<
>
2. Shitty group xp penalty.<
>
3. No NA-only servers.<
>
4. Console-ish UI.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master. <
><
>The biggest enemy of freedom is a happy slave.

<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:05 AM 

That UI is the fucking worst I hate it so much. I don't see how my wife keeps playing it. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:56 AM 

I fail at reading CC.... oh well. <
>
<
>
Think they will finally get it when the XBox360 version comes out? "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."<
>
- Soren Kierkegaard<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:38 AM 

The UI isn't so bad if you are using a controller. But man, I had so many issues in 2003(?) trying to play it with a keyboard.<
>
<
>
The XBox360 version is out, and they are all just going on to the same servers as everyone else, as far as I know. <i></i>