Quote:New Vanguard shots at WarCry.<
>
thread, under mmog forum? <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:43 PM 

Wow, he ripped McQuaid & co. a new asshole.<
>
<
>
My hopes for this game have been steadily diminishing. With the announcement of a winter release I think I can safely say I won't be buying it for some time to come =/<
>
<
>
Sigh. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:14 AM 

Not that impressed. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:02 AM 

Is that EQ2? -Everyone has the right to my own opinion.<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:39 AM 

Utnayan is an idiot. The dude is completely biased, and doesn't state fact, he spews crap from his flapper that drips in raw hate, period. I hate people like him as much as I do the blind vanbois. <
>
<
>
My opinion on the game is that it looks good with the exception of the animations, "feels" more alive than EQ2, and has a better underlying story. EQ2 on the best settings doesn't look as good as those screens that were taken on medium, but lighting and shader work needs to be done. Real starting cities, seamless world, diverse classes instead of generic watered down arch classes are all pluses from what I have seen/read.<
>
<
>
There will always be haters and there will always be blind followers. The fact that SOE is involved in producing the game has me on edge, but as long as they leave the game play alone I will probably try it.<
>
<
>
-Locatis <
>
Email or message me at locatis_ravenhoft(nospam)@hotmail.com<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:10 PM 

My friend just sent me these pictures from Khal (a desert-type city)<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Those where on high (not on very high), which is why you don't see the character shadows. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:21 PM 

meh @ the graphics<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Why does that interface look so familiar?<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:45 AM 

It's EQ2.<
>
<
>
I re-downloaded the demo after the switch recently, just to see what was up since I had last looked.<
>
<
>
It is EQ2. Which is a totally successful move on their part, considering the market share EQ2 has.<
>
<
>
Oh, wait.<
>
<
>
I do have to give them credit through, for finally doing cute dwarves again. My favorite race and everyone always fucks them up (including EQ's move away from the original graphics). <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:48 AM 

You have to be a little more fair in this though... EQ -> EQ2 has been build from Brad's visions and such. Everyone acts like he's stealing ideas and such from EQ2 and how it's going to suck but the truth is we all played it, everybody has tried other games but most of us always came back to EQ or wish they could recreate that experience. <
>
<
>
This was all Brad's deal to start with. You can hold whatever you want against him but we've all been mad at every MMORPG at one point at time and hopped from one game or the other, maybe even just quit.<
>
<
>
However, EQ1 held us for years, love it or hate it, EQ1 was more sucessful as a game than any other has ever or will even be. Just my opinion but I think we are giving Vanguard an unfair chance.<
>
<
>
It's going to be hard to ever follow-up with a smash-hit. The generation of MMORPG's are older and they don't want to go through a lot of that stuff again but, who knows... this one may do it.<
>
<
>
I thought and still think EQ2 is the most solid game out that... especially with the new PvP servers. It's a lot of fun and people don't give it a chance because SoE or whatever... but it really boils down to if you like it you do and if you don't then whatever... <
>
<
>
I'm going to be positive because I would love to see a game come out and
ing everything back around. The people ultimately made it fun...<
>
<
>
Take care,<
>
Muli <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:38 AM 

The UI looks familiar because it's just like WoW's. It doesn't look anything like EQ2 Rugen, if anything it looks like DAoC. And for the record, EQ2 does have a good subscription base. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:02 AM 

The game looks like EQ2. I wasn't neccessarily referring to the UI alone.<
>
<
>
As for this:<
>
<
>
Quote:<
>
And for the record, EQ2 does have a good subscription base<
>
<
>
<
>
Not sure what gave you that impression. It doesn't even surpass the subscription base of a 6 year old video game it was meant to be the sequel to:<
>
<
>
http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart7.html <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:25 PM 

EQ2 is alot more stable then WoW, our wow server has horrid fucking lag all the time since 1.12. I am looking forward to trying vangaurd when it comes out. I just laugh when i see the anti sony posts from people who played thier game for years. <
>
<
>
BTW i have a few lvl70 toons in EQ2, and the vangaurd screens dont look like eq2 <
>
<i>Edited by: Lich Ekilam  at: 9/2/06 2:29 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:35 PM 

Quote:<
>
I just laugh when i see the anti sony posts from people who played thier game for years. <
>
<
>
<
>
There is nothing anti-sony in my impression of a shitty game. I loved EQ and have really very few complaints about those years playing it. I played EQ2 and WoW side by side for a while after doing beta of both. Eventually I ditched EQ2 due to its many failings.<
>
<
>
My dislike of the game has nothing to do with Sony. But nice try.<
>
<
>
And yes, it does look like EQ2. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:43 PM 

Looks like SWG to me. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:13 PM 

Leipzig Event<
>
<
>
Ok, so for the big German hullabaloo, Mr. McQuaid posted some japanese sites and on the next post down, 4 (google) videos.<
>
<
>
The first one is a character running around and a simple fight, the next two are character generation screens, and the last is some Mortal Kombat clip used as apparant distractions.<
>
<
>
OK, now I really don't want to bash a game too hard before it's released, but it's coming out this winter and that's not a whole helluva lot of time to go.<
>
<
>
The first clip shows some pretty graphics here and there but one thing struck me: It's fucking barren round there. There seems to be a lot of wasted space. Then when he ran up to the mine, I noticed the stark contrast of
ight and sunny outside and dark and gloomy inside. No stream of light coming into the mine and then dissipating into darkness, just a flat barricade.<
>
<
>
Then he entered into the mine and the character disappeared! And then was redrawn later with shading. At first I thought this was just a simple glitch and then the same thing happened going outside.<
>
<
>
The other two videos there's not much to say other than "You think you could get the tits any bigger?"<
>
<
>
I wonder why the big honcho himself a) used google to post these for his fans, b) why he would spread such poor quality content, and c) why the fuck the other posters are all "I wanna have your babies" over this shit? <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:33 PM 

This is supposed to be the next generation of MMORPG? The gameplay better be fucking good. -Everyone has the right to my own opinion.<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:41 AM 

wow is the endgame, afterthis theyw ill make starcraft 2 and bam all mmorpg will die. Sleeper server<
>
Insanelee - 20 bard<
>
Isshin - 1 druid<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:40 AM 

Quote:EQ1 was more successful as a game than any other has ever or will even be. Just my opinion but I think we are giving Vanguard an unfair chance.<
>
This is funny considering that its competition, World of Warcraft, is not only the most successful MMO to date (by far) but is also arguably one of the most successful video games of all time.<
>
Kuwen Furyblades<
>
Hunter of Memento Reejeryn<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:52 AM 

I think people get "the good 'ole days" stuck in their head and it clouds their judgement on games.<
>
<
>
Hey, I loved my time in EQ1. I was never 'end game' and was far from 'uber', but I enjoyed my friends and my guild. It was great fun. I've played lots of other MMORPGs after EQ1, and for anyone to say "EQ1 was more successful as a game than any other has ever or will even be" just seems insane to me (as pointed out, the facts don't back up a claim like that).<
>
<
>
OK, someone might have had more fun in EQ1, but I'm willing to bet that it was because of things like your friends and guild mates, the "newness" of MMORPGs, and possibly your real life at the time. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:13 AM 

<
>
hah, EQ2 graphics and the WoW interface. I wonder if there's anything new to the game at all?<
>
<
>
btw, horizontal scrolling blows. And no, it's a work computer, I can't upgrade.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:18 AM 

Quote:hah, EQ2 graphics and the WoW interface. I wonder if there's anything new to the game at all?<
>
<
>
Of course there isn't anything new, the MMO forumula has been shown to work just fine for years and years now, why change it? <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:23 PM 

<
>
<
>
Well, there has to be *something* new, or people have no reason to switch. Why would someone leave WoW, EQ2, or whatever they are playing to play Vanguard beyond idle curiosity for a free month? There has to be something.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:12 PM 

Because it's new. /shrug<
>
<
>
People like new things, and the Brad McQuaid fanboys will be on board, and some old-school EQ people.<
>
<
>
How many people do you really think do any real "research" on an MMO before playing it? Take WoW for instance...I'll wager that the vast majority of people didn't give a rat's ass about the features and whatnot, they just saw "Blizzard" and bam, they were there.<
>
<
>
Of course, I'm a HUGE cynic nowadays when it comes to MMO "features" and such. I learned to not even bother paying much attention to what the companies say, and just try it myself or listen to reviews from people that I know are like-minded.<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:50 PM 

Most, if not all, of the reviews that you hear on Vanguard are from people who didn't get accepted into the beta. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:09 AM 

frib they might discover something new about themsleves during the process of playing it's all in the cards u can't mess with the big daddy of them all
ad mcquaid and expect that he doesn't have a surprise for u Sleeper server<
>
Insanelee - 20 bard<
>
Isshin - 1 druid<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:19 AM 

You can make your character's boobs bigger! Sorry, that was the only thing interesting I found in the videos. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:22 AM 

One billion in revenue? Kuwen Furyblades<
>
Hunter of Memento Reejeryn<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:25 AM 

<
>
<
>
Whatever anyone thinks about WoW, none of us-- I mean, not a single person anywhere on earth expected an MMO to get this big. It's amazing to think about.<
>
<
>
People thought EQ was huge, with 450,000 subscribers at it's height. WoW makes that look silly.<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:15 PM 

Ok I tried it... I know its a beta but the engine run like shit. it's nowhere near complete that's for sure. When are they supposed to release it? I hope it's in more than a year... -Everyone has the right to my own opinion.<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:18 PM 

It seems by the videos that I've seen that the game still needs a lot of optimization, people are able to run on Very High settings in the wilderness and dungeons, but once you go into cities the videos become extremely laggy and the FPS drop to 5, (from a normal 35+ in the wilderness). <i></i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:12 PM 
Noob
Noob

blah blah its looks like wow blah blah it looks like eq/1swguodaco whatever its going to hold alot of attention. people compare too god damn much.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:36 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

I don't care what it look or dosen't look like the engine still suck ass.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:10 PM 
Noob
Noob

their going back to the basics and building on it, imo nothing wrong with the engine after everything that has been modified on it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:23 PM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

EQ1: Golliwog
WoW: Rileigh
Finlainea wrote:
I don't care what it look or dosen't look like the engine still suck ass.

lol yes it's choppy right now. Have you been in beta's before (I'm assuming you're in beta)? I remember in EQ2 beta I couldn't even attempt to play a good character because you literally could not move in qeynos it was so bad. Works fine now tho, that's called optimization. An ongoing process in betas. :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:34 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Shush fin, you will be slewing monsters with me in vanguard when it comes out. Just in the process of closing up on a new house so I will be too broke to party or take the gf out :) MMORPG ftw!!!

On a side note...gimme beta info if you have it :) I got in 2 times but lost once because one of lanys finest decided to report me for trying to share the uber secret info I found out while solo'n a level 10 bear.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:47 PM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

for those of you guys who play the beta, can you solo in vangaurd or is it ALL group based?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:21 PM 

EQ1: Golliwog
WoW: Rileigh
Artiman wrote:
for those of you guys who play the beta, can you solo in vangaurd or is it ALL group based?

You can solo. It's not as tedious as EQ was, but definitly a lot longer then wow. I could prolly solo a level in 6 hours or of hard grinding at level 25ish.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:41 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Turbo wrote:
On a side note...gimme beta info if you have it :) I got in 2 times but lost once because one of lanys finest decided to report me for trying to share the uber secret info I found out while solo'n a level 10 bear.

wow, thats fucking retarded.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:41 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Yes I was thrilled as well, especially since I actually was one of the first 1000 :( Oh well got to do some high end wow raiding instead.

From my limited experience anyone who ever touched wow as their first online game is going to play vanguard for 5 minutes and throw it away due to the time commitment and difficulty differences. But it isn't geared towards that audience so all is happy in the world.

Offline Profile