It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:00 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ogame newbie questions
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:23 AM 

I figured I would start a thread for people to ask easy questions about Ogame since there really isn't an instruction booklet. The question I have right now is that I have been keeping an eye on the planets in my systems and there are three inactive players. When I checked this morning seven of the 15 planets in my systems all have a (*) after the planets name. Could someone please tell me what it means? <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:28 AM 

you know, i have been curious wtf that means too..... Sometimes i see it on planets i send a esp probe too, other times its just there anyway... <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:42 AM 

Its an indicator of fleet activity. If you move your fleet, or someone sends a probe at you, or really any ship movement is logged by the server, friend or foe causes the asterisk to appear to everyone.<
>
<
>
It lasts for 15 minutes,then is replaced with a timer. The timer runs to 59min then dissappears.<
>
<
>
So if you see Black Terminus (23min) someone probed me about 38 minutes ago. If it says Black Terminus (*) then was probed in the last 15 minutes. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:15 AM 

Does your home planet ever run out of resources? <
>http://www.myspace.com/thewatcher2k<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:27 AM 

you can spend them all, but if you are mining, then they continually rebuild...slowly, depending on the mine level <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:29 AM 

I think he meant does your home planet ever stop being able to produce resources. And that's a no. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:50 AM 

but you can however, run out of space to build things, and have to either terraform (costing hella resources) or colonize another planet somewhere and hope for a lot of room <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:22 PM 

The space to build things I assume is represented by the (xx/xxx fields) in the overview. Correct? <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:39 PM 

correct. your home planet always starts with 163 fields. Each colony will have a random amount of fields ranging from low 40s to upper 200s but it depends on its distance from the 'sun' as it were. Colonies and planets started from slots 4-6 are supposed to be optimal, but I've found that to be just as random as the number of fields you get...<
>
<
>
I have a planet in slot 13 with 204 fields... <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:24 PM 

Question: When I see a espionage report, at the bottom it has a % chance of counter-Espionage. Does that mean that they have a chance to know who sent the probe? <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:42 PM 

Chance to destroy probe <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:42 AM 

The (*) means either there has been activity there in the past hour, (you will often see this as well (35) )<
>
<
>
We had thought it was indicating that person was online but I receive messages from folks with no * often. <i>Edited by: Larreth  at: 7/26/06 9:43 am<
></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:56 PM 

Question: Is it possible when attacking to tell the fleet to not gather metal but fill up on crystal and deut. first? <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:18 PM 

No, it is not possible. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:20 PM 

but it should be, I dont care about metal 1/2 as much as I do about crystal <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:54 PM 

So newbie question here:<
>
How do you rename a colony you just placed?<
>
<
>
Thanks<
>
<
>
edit:<
>
n/m found it... On over view, there is the area with the name of your colony, click on it(its a link) and you can rename... <i>Edited by: dashkast  at: 7/27/06 9:56 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:35 PM 

Hello to all,<
>
<
>
Been speaking with Tyral quite a bit in game and thought i would have a nosey around your forum.<
>
<
>
Just an additional to the * question on the planet screen. Myself and one of my TSE mates played around with this feature and found that it is not only fleet activity that sets this off. If a player selects that particular planet in their overview screen that also sets off the timer. We haven't figured out if it is deliberate or a bug but it's a damn handy one either way <
>
<
>
<i>Edited by: Armakuni TSE at: 8/7/06 2:39 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:03 PM 

<
>
Hey there-- it's probably already clear to you, but in case it's not, the boards you see here have a much larger membership base than the alliance within ogame. This used to be the boards for an old EQ server that died years ago, but where many of use still hang around to keep in touch.<
>
<
>
The ogame folk is simply a smaller subset of this group that decided to try it out.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:42 PM 

Dump your excess metal into defensive missles. (Rockets, etc.)<
>
<
>
There's also a lot of defensive research that's metal heavy. <
>
<i></i>