<
>
http://www.planetepoch.com/<
>
<
>
<
>
This is a game with similarities to OGame, but it's also very much different. This is a
owser-based game, just like OGame.<
>
<
>
<
>
It's empire building across the cosmos. Epoch has a nice astro navigation map that you can manipulate to see all the systems in your vicinity.<
>
<
>
<
>
There are 6 or so different races with different ships, buildings, and technologies. For example, the Vatari Cultists can convert enemy ships and make them join their cause. Knossons have access to jump gate technology, which can be linked with allied jump systems making huge transit systems. The Sharne are stealthy and can move cloaked fleets into enemy systems, preparing an attack right under their nose. Each race has their own unique characteristics.<
>
<
>
<
>
Building alliances and handling information gathering is key to success. There are definite politics at play in the game, that can go in your favor or against you.<
>
<
>
<
>
There is a storyline that unfolds as the game goes on. New technologies can be uncovered in the storyline, based on the actions of the players.<
>
<
>
<
>
You can name your ships, setup trading, and so on.<
>
<
>
<
>
Registration is open for the next game of Epoch. I believe the game officially begins this monday. Everyone will start out new, so it's a level playing field.<
>
<
>
<
>
Anyway, check it out, and let me know if you have any questions. <
>
<
>
<
>
I am registered under the name "Dredd". <i></i>

Post subject: Re: If You Like OGame...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:53 AM 

I just spoke to one of the guys that runs the server, they had to delay the launch for Epoch.<
>
<
>
I'm trying to get him to update the main page to let folks know, heh. I suspect they're a little busy right now. <i></i>