All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:28 AM 

http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forum...adid=24601<
>
<
>
Quote:<
>
Sigil Games Online has entered Phase 1 of our Beta Program! And, as promised, our Community Members will have the first opportunity to apply for it!<
>
<
>
We will begin sending out emails today to everyone that has registered on our forum through today with an invitation to apply for Beta 1. Follow the instructions in the email and you are on your way!<
>
<
>
Once you have submitted your application, your name will be added to our list of potential Beta participants. Qualified applicants will be selected for the program and added gradually, as we need more and more players throughout the course of Beta.<
>
<
>
Please remember that this is an invitation to apply for Beta. If you qualify and are selected at any stage, you will be notified.<
>
<
>
So check your email and submit your application! I am sure I will see many of you in Beta soon! We have been looking forward to this for a long time! <
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:47 PM 

woot
<
>
Keep my head from exploding?... You can help!
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:57 PM 

Sorry devs, didn't know we had a VG forum =/<
>
<
>
Cheysulii Liegeman<
>
56 Beastlord of the Tribunal<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:15 AM 

I'm really hoping to get into this one. I won't, but I'm still hoping. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:50 PM 

I doubt they are going to have an open beta on this except may a stress test before release, so definatly going to be crucial to get into closed beta to have an edge <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:25 PM 

Quote:I doubt they are going to have an open beta <
>
<
>
Indeed! Lord Gates wants Vanguard on the market ASAP! <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:39 PM 

If you honestly fucking think bill gates gives a rats ass about this minor of a possible finicial gain in comparison to other aspects of MS then you are smoking some good shit my friend. If anything he is probably just trying to
eak into the market which in the end will be a good finicial gain maybe so he would want to make a good showing with this. They have spent so much time already making sure its right, I really doubt he is going to be overly pushy on it.<
>
<
>
However I still don't think
ad will open it for any period of time outside of final stress tests. They definatly are trying to keep the more serious hardcore gaming mentality on this one so the less the masses can get an advantage to tear through there content the better. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:41 PM 

Still waiting on my email. I registered on the forums on 10/2004
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:20 PM 

same here tarot...that exact date. I was on earlier then that but reregistered and don't remember my old one <
>
<
>
Not getting my hopes up but its ok getting back into heavy eq raiding and its honestly fun. But ya...if I got in january when I am taking a month between graduating with my masters and starting work I wouldn't complain, I would be sitting by the pool in phoenix playing VG beta all day and partying all night! <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:20 PM 

I think beta 1 is going to be small, and most folks will have better odds on getting into beta 2.<
>
<
>
I just pre-ordered City of Villains, and re-activated my old account. Waiting on beta access to play with until the retail game goes live on 10/31.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:54 PM 

Got my email application at least, now I just need 1 out of a million chance to get in <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:09 PM 

Still no email for me, I was in since November of 04. Cheysulii Liegeman<
>
56 Beastlord of the Tribunal<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:31 PM 

Finally got e-mail, but it isn't if you're in beta or no beta, it's a LONG questionnaire. Awaiting 2nd e-mail now. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:54 PM 

Got my email been a member since 04-11-04 <
>
Rosetta's WoW Profile Rosebud's WoW Profile<
>
Coin and Cleavage<
>
"My Give a damns busted" - Jo Dee<i>Edited by: Rosetta Stonebender  at: 10/19/05 7:09 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:28 PM 

You got an acceptance of beta or invitation of beta? <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:16 PM 

Only thing out right now are invitations to apply for the beta, which are trickling out slowly to registered board members. I've been registered since 10/2004 and got mine yesterday or the day before.
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:01 PM 

what she said <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:47 PM 

Recieved mine, early evening on 10/18. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:19 AM 

I GOT IT !<
>
<
>
<
>
an opportunity to apply to be in beta !<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:14 PM 

wow,<
>
<
>
1) i didn't think this place would still be buzzing (oh how i miss Lanys)<
>
<
>
2) sorry, you can't get in beta, i am getting in instead...but you know, thanks for trying and all. <i>Edited by: Lentulus at: 10/20/05 4:20 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:08 PM 

I'll see you guys there as Taliesn (Elessar is now in the fucking filter boo =/) <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:24 PM 

If mine goes through, im selling my beta account so, get the wallets out.<
>
<
>
Edit.<
>
<
>
Nobody caught this yet? I'm sad. <
>
<i>Edited by: Givin Wetwillies01 at: 10/21/05 3:10 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:23 PM 

Of all the things I want for Christmas, this is the one thing I can't buy. Damn..<
>
<
>
At least my app is in! <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:57 PM 

I kinda want to play Givin, if you get accepted that is and dont wanna play Vanguard. Magelo<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:11 AM 

Naz, nice bike in the sig.<
>
What is it?<
>
<
>
I just passed the MSF course last weekend, and plan to get a 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R.<
>
<
>
http://www.kawasaki.com/kawasaki...40_800.jpg<
>
<
>
<
>
Oh yah, filled out Vanguard Beta application, playing CoV beta soon retail to kill time until I can get in.<
>
<
>
made image a link. Horizontal scrolling always sucks, but it's especially retarded when it's a friggen motorcycle in a beta thread. -Tarot <i>Edited by: TarotofLanys  at: 10/30/05 6:30 am<
></i>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:44 PM 

It's a hayabusa 1200 I believe. Either that or a GSRX 1200 which is a Ninja if my facts are straight, got my mind on other things atm. Magelo<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:26 PM 

It's a Hayabusa. <b>Xantheus Diabolus</b><i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:44 AM 

My buddies GF just bought him a Kawisaki Ninja ZX-6R for his dirty 30. (basically an advance on a ring)<
>
He goes to that racing school every year for track riding.<
>
I think he's up to level 3.<
>
<
>
kawasaki.com/kawasaki_mai...98_800.jpg<
>
<
>
<
>
I'm still debating the comfort of a cruiser, or the hotness of a sport bike. Definately don't want a super sport, since there isn't a track to race on near me.<
>
<
>
made image a link. Horizontal scrolling always sucks, but it's especially retarded when it's a friggen motorcycle in a beta thread. -Tarot <i>Edited by: TarotofLanys  at: 10/30/05 6:29 am<
></i>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:40 PM 

If i get one, it would defenitly be a super sport for the looks, even though I would never be able to use the full potential of the bikes speed. I really like the looks of them compared to the regular ones. Magelo<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:15 AM 

app in, here's hoping.<
>
<
>
- Trax <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:09 PM 

Same here. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:57 PM 

On the Vanguard forums...<
>
<
>
20,000 applications sent out.<
>
<
>
400 invited into beta 1 so far<
>
<
>
Pending some game tweaks, they hope to invite another 400 soon.<
>
<
>
http://www.silkyvenom.com/<
>
is good for quick updates<
>
<
>
http://www.fohguild.org/forums/f...y.php?f=11<
>
FOH forum if you want a jaded angry spin on news<
>
<
>
or<
>
<
>
http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forum...id=2329496<
>
All Vanguard forum posts by Brad<
>
<
>
<
>
I'm mildly entertained doing City of Villains beta/head start while waiting for Vanguard. May be a bit of a wait.<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:59 PM 

Naz,<
>
<
>
Super sport is the best looking, but pretty damn uncomfortable for long rides. You're sprawled over the gas tank. My friends and I plan to do 4 hour rides around the lake, and through the country hitting 15 mph country farmer turns. (it's a 90 degree turn around a farmer field)<
>
<
>
Just sport they pull the bars back a bit. I love the sport look, but a cruiser is definately easier on these old bones.<
>
In the end they say ride what excites you the most, otherwise it will just sit and collect dust.<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:18 AM 

This is weird.<
>
<
>
I just got an application for Beta this morning.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:59 AM 

Beta 2<
>
<
>
- Trax <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:06 PM 

Negative. Still beta one.<
>
<
>
Apparently, this round of emails is for people who signed up for the vanguard forums AFTER october 12th.<
>
<
>
So anyone who signed up to the now should have already gotten the application.<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:03 AM 

I'm quite bitter that I expected to be testing beta back in October and here I am in December playing BF2 still.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:17 AM 

Beta 2 started for real. About 4000 people are in beta now. Moving along pretty well from what I hear. I'm not in beta myself yet. There was also the first ebay auction for a Beta account, but it got shut down by Sigil. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:55 AM 

<
>
=D <i>Edited by: Azzigoth Ghul at: 1/29/06 8:50 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:37 AM 

I guess it is my turn for the bitterness. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:12 PM 

Its hard for me to find time to play Vanguard even though I have an account =/ other little things take precident before an online game does anymore. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:13 PM 

Oops didnt log him off =/<
>
<
>
Magelo<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:21 AM 

It's harder for me to play games 8+ hours in a sitting.<
>
In my old age, after about 4 hrs, I get worn out.<
>
<
>
So I play 4 hours, take a
eak, and do another 4.<
>
<i>Edited by: Azzigoth Ghul at: 1/30/06 8:16 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:16 PM 

Damn,<
>
I signed up with a OOOOOLLLLLLD email account... So i used the reset password thing to find out what email address it was... Damnit! Emailed em, doubt theyll get back to me, maybe ill just have to re-register! I know the old p/w im sure too, rofl but the reset it, well.... reset it, du(o)h! <
>
My sig got eated by the bit bucket...<
>
Fellenwhite Moonsong<
>
65-Something drunken freak of Lanys<
>
Formerly known as:<
>
Dashkast Justifyer<
>
65 Gnomish Puppy kicker<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:15 AM 

Sadly you have to freaking do ALOT of tweaking outside just ingame settings to get the game to run at any real playability level. Obviously they will be optimizing it as they go but at the moment its a big pain in the ass, I spent the last 7 hours basically cleaning up a lot of old shit on my computer and doing some client changes and some more internal stuff to make my machine able to actually handle it but so far so good as far as initial awe factor...its always fun exploring stuff that no one has any idea about.<
>
<
>
Just hope the nerf fucking druids, I love the idea of having a druid out dps the turbo !!!<
>
<
>
Jumped my fps up by 7 by turning off lighting and stuff so its now playable at least joy (edit) <i>Edited by: TurboPowa at: 1/7/06 1:55 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:59 PM 

Very interesting...<
>
<
>
My comp runs HL2 at 1280x1024 full settings at like 20-30fps. I shouldnt expect that this is much worse than that? Or at least it will run at 1024x768? <
>
My sig got eated by the bit bucket...<
>
Fellenwhite Moonsong<
>
65-Something drunken freak of Lanys<
>
Formerly known as:<
>
Dashkast Justifyer<
>
65 Gnomish Puppy kicker<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:26 AM 

I am running mid teens atm but that is with lighting turned off and relatively low clip plane. I also had fin spend about 6 hours optimizing my computer settings and game files to run VG as best as possible. Again obviously its beta so things aren't optimized yet and honestly at midteens fps there really is no actual noticeable lag especially since combat isn't super fast.<
>
<
>
That being said at most I have seen 120 of us on the beta server so stress testing down the road will be interesting, my comp will probably blow up <
>
<
>
Not to worried at the moment and honestly I do not care about anything because they included a loot all button that auto equips your gear from your corpse....that is well worth 15 bucks a month to me! <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:33 AM 

I think i've logged in once in the past 2 weeks...I'll find time sooner or later. Magelo<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:12 AM 

What level are you Turbo? <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:04 PM 

Not high level, hes been playing Neverwinter Night with me a lot lately hehe. --If it ain't
oke, flash it's firmware!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:13 PM 

ya i leveled a few chars up to I think 8? figured I would let a few more peeps get into beta because at least in the area I am in there is like no one around to group with at all and solo'n gets pretty boring pretty fast.<
>
<
>
Its awesome to drop a mobs health by over 50% with my big nuke but then the son of a bitch has a long refresh so then I get my lil sorcerer ass handed to me.<
>
<
>
My only beef is you can NOT even touch a purple con and red cons are super high resists rate...I hate that shit. 1 level really shouldn't make you go from not being able to land a nuke PERIOD to being able to kill a mob, least in EQ they gave you like 8 level spread. (so basically you can't have a group of people trying really hard ass mobs because of this which ruins a lot of fun imo) <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:02 PM 

I received the invitation to apply.. wondering when they will accept more applicants. If they haven't already...<
>
<
>
Here's hoping though. <
>
<
>
Take care,<
>
Muli <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:24 AM 

Atm they don't have any type of functioning map tools or any way really to tell or mark where anything is outside of hand drawn maps so that gets a bit annoying but they should be getting some in the future.<
>
<
>
I am sure they are going to be adding more soon, 100-150 people online max isn't really going to be testing there stuff enough but they have a lot on there plate already to fix so who knows, good luck <
>
<
>
I ran into Chod on the sever and I think Buku, sticks, verax and one or 2 other lanys people are in it which when you look at the small % (I can't imagine more then 500 or 1000 max invites have been sent out compared to the shit ton of people that tried to get in) to have that many lanys folks end up in it. Crazy indeed. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:53 AM 

Clearly, Turbo has no concept of an NDA. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:47 AM 

Didn't they say a while back that they weren't going to have any in-game maps? <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:14 PM 

Considering I have pretty much drafted one this summer for a new technology I was utilizing on one of my projects I think I probably do <
>
<
>
But I really did not say anything you can't find on the offical boards if you look but yes technically I shouldn't be discussing it. Luckily I care for my great follow lanys folk so much I am risking my beta spot just to inform you Neesha!!!<
>
<
>
And no doon last I was told they were going to have something put in just not sure what they were going to use. Atm it just is a evely squared grid that you can't see any landforms or zoom in etc but your corpse does show up on it and also the name of the "chunk". <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:41 PM 

heh chunk, I've had to remember back to the early EQ days.<
>
<
>
I had to learn all these new acronyms and ab
eviations for things. This chunk thing had me going for a while too. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:01 PM 

anyone else getting log in error AFTER logging in? I log in and then i get to the screen with the stream and field of trees and grass then a red error message pops up saying THE VANGAURD LAUNCHER DID NOT RETURN A VALID LOGIN ID.<
>
<
>
anyone on beta have any ideas? <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:36 PM 

Happened to me before, pretty sure it's because either server or chunk is down. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:48 PM 

So i am bitter.<
>
<
>
Was one of the first to recieve the application for BETA, and still have not been invited.<
>
<
>
=*(<
>
<
>
My comp is definately up to snuff too.<
>
<
>
Makes me kinda sad. More WoW for me then...<