It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:46 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Haha
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:30 PM 

Congratulations!<
>
<
>
You have been selected to participate in the Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Beta 1 Program. Whether this is by hook, by crook, sheer good luck, or just plain bad luck -- you are invited to participate in this formative process.<
>
<
>
Out of the 10+ betas I've applied to I've still never been rejected from one, unbeleivable. If I could transfer my computer game luck to women I'd be in business :/. Worst part is I'm not gonna have any time to play till next week, and it's gonna be super casual then. Still, I was honest on my app about my play times, guess they wanted some casual testers. Will let you know what I think once I get into it.<
>
<
>
Anyone else in? <i>Edited by: some merchant at: 11/8/05 8:14 pm<
></i>

Post subject: Re: Haha
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:50 PM 

pls die :-P oh well back to DDO Drundor Ducex Warlord Leader of Pacific Rune<
>
<
>
<
>
Magnamar 70 Nemesis and Leader of Pacific Rune<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:15 PM 

fuck off and die in a fire thx! Toxisity Cyb0rs<
>
70 Mage - retired<
>
EQ is dead<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:03 PM 

H8 <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:27 PM 

They sent me the secret specs, so I guess there's still a possibility I will get in. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:59 AM 

I read that they are targeting beta-1 to folks with super computers, so they don't cry about the game being rough around the edges.<
>
<
>
So what computer spec's did you put into the microsoft beta site?<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:58 PM 

Bah on the super computer thing. I think you have to not only have a good computer but also have extensive beta experience. <
>
<
>
I have a 7800 with a 3800+ with 2 gigs of ram which is all the specifics asked for in the beta app, and no email...sigh. Oh well, this is a game out there I am actually looking forward to playing. Unlike right now where I buy games because I am bored. Hunting season is mostly over, disc golf is getting chilly and ski season hasn't started. Thank goodness for first person shooters. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:03 PM 

<
>
<
>
I check my email every day <
>
<
>
I keep thinking <
>
<
>
But nothing is there <
>
<
>
Fuck you some merchant. Fuck you. <
>

<
>
Keep my head from exploding?... You can help!
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:05 PM 

Yep.<
>
<
>
Fuck you.<
>
<
>
Yep. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:12 PM 

Grats Llang! I think you're now officially the most hated person on these boards Kaerion Whitehart<
>
Proud Officer of RoA<
>
"We are all atheists, some of us just believe in fewer gods than others. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours" -Stephen F. Roberts<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:59 PM 

My comps barely above the required specs, and while I haven't had a chance to try it yet it sounds like it's gonna run like ass. My guess is they needed some casual low end computer gamers with a lot of beta experience and I got lucky. We'll see, if the game is unplayable for me once I get going from my horrible video card maybe I'll sell it for 1337 cash givin style. <
>
<
>
And I've been working on returning to most hated status for 4 years now, maybe this will be what sets me over the edge. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:53 PM 

Much hate for you.<
>
<
>
Very very much.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Cheysulii Liegeman<
>
56 Beastlord of the Tribunal<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:23 PM 

I could have sworn the agreement said we couldn't tell people if we got in beta or even our thoughts on the game while in beta. If I'm wrong then cool cause I often misread/misiterpret these things <
>
<
>
oh and awesome for you merch <
>
Rosetta's WoW Profile Rosebud's WoW Profile<
>
Coin and Cleavage<
>
"My Give a damns busted" - Jo Dee<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:49 PM 

yes it does say that. but shrug wont be the 1st time someone
oke a nda and wont be the last. Drundor Ducex Warlord Leader of Pacific Rune<
>
<
>
<
>
Magnamar 70 Nemesis and Leader of Pacific Rune<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:49 PM 

Some merchant's IP to report him to vanguard for NDA violation is 127.0.0.1<
>
<
>

<
>
Keep my head from exploding?... You can help!
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:00 PM 

Tarot so mean!!!<
>
<
>
<
>
Thanks I thought so but hey I could have always been mistaken so hence the question. <
>
Rosetta's WoW Profile Rosebud's WoW Profile<
>
Coin and Cleavage<
>
"My Give a damns busted" - Jo Dee<i></i>

Post subject: oh noz
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:00 PM 

I've been banned now, THANKS ALOT TAROT!!!1 <i></i>

Post subject: Re: oh noz
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:42 PM 

<
>
<
>
If you were serious it would be almost funny in a "sucks to be you" kinda way <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:16 AM 

One question, are the graphics at least as good as this 3 year old game?<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:19 PM 

Still screenshots don't do this game justice. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:14 PM 

Graphics are about a mile down the list for what I am looking for in VG. Shit eq with full graphics on is more then good enough for me.<
>
<
>
You can judge a woman by her looks but don't judge a game !! <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:25 AM 

Although graphics are secondary for me as well. I will be happy to see good ones. If their character models aren't as good as the one posted above, lets hope the character customization is alot better than in that game. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:23 AM 

Graphics don't even have to be terribly realistic to be better than EQ were. I signed back into EQ1 the other day and was struck at...well....how shitty the graphics were. I'd grown accustomed to the very seamless world of Warcraft. It may be cartoony, but it's consistent and has a nice level of detail to it that is capable of running on even lower end systems without too many problems.<
>
<
>
I think in the end, honestly, that's why WoW won over EQII for me. Most of the characters in EQII looked like blow up sex dolls painted over the top of semi realistic scenery. It didn't mesh, there was no consistency to the visuals (and there was a rather persistant "grey" look/feel to most of the visuals I did see)<
>
<
>
So for me, while graphics are important, it's not that they have to be this hyper realistic thing where you can see the individual chains in chainmail moving and swaying as a character runs. It just has to be solid and consistent throughout the game on all levels to build the level of immersion I like.<
>
<
>
Just my 2 cents <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:50 PM 

Lineage 2 had nice character models /nod <i>Edited by: Rayvenn  at: 11/13/05 6:50 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:15 AM 

It was actually a great idea for WoW to use cartoony graphics giving their game wider platform support. It wasn't the system crushing game that EQ2 was.<
>
<
>
I just upgraded my PC, (even City of Villains was causing those game hiccups), so I'll be ready for Vanguard.<
>
<
>
Now if the bastards would just let me into beta. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:27 PM 

If they are tooting their horn that their game is based on technology of tomorrow, and from what I heard of supercomputers set up as demo machines running it like complete shit, you damn right the graphics better jump out and grab me by the balls.<
>
<
>
They made them important by
agging about them. Now lets see them deliver. And you can only shade and ripple water so many times guys before it is no longer impressive. And if I want to see a dramatic display and useage of shadows and lighting, i'll pop in Splinter Cell:Chaos Theroy. You can no longer impress people with shit like this as its not a standard in gaming. <
>
<i>Edited by: Givin Wetwillies01 at: 11/14/05 1:28 pm<
></i>