It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:00 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: no bazaar in vanguard
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:57 AM 

God bless America, I loved the days prebazaar. Even if it is a bit of a time sink it is nice to be able to know that players who have better skills at bartering/market stuff etc have a chance to make more money then those that don't or don't put the time into it. Good for Brad for sticking to his guns on this. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:41 PM 

I guess if you like sitting around trying to sell your items for hours is fun. More power to ya. Amazing how people want the old game of EQ with new next gen graphics. And if people don't get that with Vanguard...will they bitch and flame about the game too? <
>
<
>
For Brad...we will see how long before Lord Gates has way with Vanguard. When the game only sells 150,000 copies (if that)...I'm sure changes will happen. M$ wants $$$, not making a few hardcore gamers happy. <i>Edited by: MelficeCOE at: 10/1/05 2:45 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:40 PM 

world of warcraft caters to casual gamers, and has blizzard's name in front of it.<
>
<
>
vanguard caters to hard core gamers. it also harkens to old school time investments into its game, which is a turn off for many mmorpg players outside of the hard core realm.<
>
<
>
i would love to play vanguard. but i am not about to throw 5 more years of my life away like i did with everquest. it has been 2 weeks since i played everquest, account cancelled.... and i don't miss it one bit. thank goodness.<
>
<
>
i wish vanguard luck. it looks fantastic. but i just don't think it is going to be successful, especially once people realize the time investments that are going to be needed for this game. everquest 2 is nowhere near the time sink that vanguard seems to be, and yet that game has low populations big time.<
>
<
>
-cc <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:16 PM 

I'd be happy with an MMO that holds my interest longer than a couple months. CoH was 3 months, WoW was 6 months.<
>
<
>
I could be getting too old for this shit. God, I hope not.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:49 AM 

You guys can't have the glory days back. As soon as you guys realize this, you can begin to enjoy a new
eed of game again. Brads got that worm dangled out there just waiting for you to bite down on its shiny favorite coloredness.<
>
<
>
Everyone confuses "hardcore gaming" with "first time experiences" and he is gonna make mad bank off that fact. If you seriously take the time and compare the material they have released so far, to the old as well as the new, you will indeed see they have yet just another fancy name for bullshit that is already avalable to you in heaping portions elsewhere. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:40 AM 

I think folks just want more of a challenge to get the carrot.<
>
<
>
Blizz made it so easy for mass appeal that everyone is running around with a carrot. Hell, if they had just forced grouping instead of solo fest from 1-60, that would have been a big improvement.<
>
<
>
But in the end you may be right.<
>
I remember reading about all the WoW easy features, and folks how great they will be. How easy it will make things. Now I can't stand them. So we harp for more challenge, and we may cry if VG makes it horribly hard.<
>
<
>
As long as they can avoid horribly tedious, and put out some real juicy carrots, they'll get a couple hundred thousand subscribers. It may be enough for Sigil, but I doubt it will keep Microsoft satiated.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:51 PM 

WoW could have been made into a better game of longevity if they made the levels past 30 actually mean something. Very few, if any classes get any new abilities beyond this point, rather just upgraded ones they already had. There are a few exceptions I know, mostly talent shit, but honeslty at 30, your character is pretty much fleshed out to be what they will be at 60, again taking into consideration talents. Move this number to 40 for those that dont have all their abilities and you still have the same thing.<
>
<
>
I do see them wanting to cater to casual gamers, simply for the dollar value so I cant blame them. EQ2 I think did it right with skills, for the most part. You get NEW stuff, which did the same as your old plus a little extra umph sometimes. Not just simply Rend Rank I II III IV.<
>
<
>
The levels at the higher cap should have lasted longer also. Way too easy, even for casual gamers to max out a char. And no i'm not talking the 3 hours a week casual gamers. You aren't a blip on the radar even and if you want to get even more technical, you are even more a minority when it comes to Casual vs Powergamer. You are the gamers that would be better off with a Playstation, instead of voicing your concerns on how to make the game "better".<
>
<
>
So yeah anyway, I hope Vanguard lives up to their hype instead of talking out their cheeseburger bloated asses. Don't even think i'll even give it a glance till I read some solid reviews after at least the first month. Probably just more out of curiosity than anything. Its really hard to take anything they say at face value really, after being blackballed by the crew so many times. Time will tell of course. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:02 AM 

I was discussing this with a friend of mine.<
>
<
>
Quote:You guys can't have the glory days back. As soon as you guys realize this, you can begin to enjoy a new
eed of game again. Brads got that worm dangled out there just waiting for you to bite down on its shiny favorite coloredness.<
>
<
>
Givin, I totally agree, I am hoping gamers know the difference of the "glory days" and "new game". <
>
<
>
What I have noticed with games of late is the downslope of friendships and reliability of guilds. Take for example WoW. I have a 60 Shaman with MC gear and I walked away because the guild became assholes. Just walked away, they didn't need me, I didn't need them, we just cohabitated a game together and ran the same instance over and over and over. There was never any single person raids ex: Soandso needs this item from this raid, get 30-40 people together. When you depend on guildies and they depend on you, greater loyalty is established within the guild and more friends are made. I can not tell you who I played with in EQ2, DAoC, COH, and soon WoW. I can name every guild leader I ever had in Everquest, some key important people I knew, where they lived (state), what job they had, and hell what they looked like in RL, they all were good friends. <
>
<
>
So far, from what I have read Vanguard is going to be VERY group oriented, thereby replacing the new MMOG "we can take anybody" attitude with "Hey Marxxus we could really use YOU". You help them they appreciate it; then they help you and a greater friendship is resulted. THAT is what I have been missing from EQ, I know I will never get the first time back, but at least I can get the "good" feeling of accomplishment and camaraderie back. <i></i>