It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:42 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SWG - Newbie Hell
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:08 AM 

After about 2 years of walking away from the Game after I just got tired of it after the first few months of playing I decided to return.<
>
<
>
I guess I was a "lemming" since the whole Episode 3 hype kind of peeked my interest and I kept seeing these "Complete Experience" commericals on g4 pushing this Game as if it was "new", 2 years later.<
>
<
>
Well The Combat System has completely changed. I kind of like it actually. It's more "Eq'ish" and from playing EQLive and EQ2 for the passed 4 years I picked up on it and like it better then the prior edition. Of course the CU FUBAR'd the Vets...allegedly but I'm not going to discuss that as I am not familiar with the "High End Game".<
>
<
>
Anyway, upon returning, my original toon was still in tact. But he was nekkid. No more armor for the fledgling newbie these days... I'm level 14 at the moment and entirely stuck. Everything that cons "very weak" to me owns me royally. It's sick. Right before I hit level 14 I was gaining good experience, credits and actually having some fun learning the new Combat System on the ground.<
>
<
>
But alas, this whole no armor has me wondering if these recent changes
oke the newbie realm of this Game. It just seems awfully difficult to kill anything effectively on the ground anymore. I'm a bit confused. I've pretty much jumped into my prototype TIE fighter and just go around killing T2-T3 solo fighters in various systems. So far this is giving me something to do. But it's risky since I cannot handle 2-3 T2/T3 fighters at one time. Solo, I can take them most of the time w/ this newbie ship. <
>
<
>
So, I'm curious if anyone else fell into the SWG hype (no flaming please) and found themselves in the same boat as I am currently bouying upon. Any suggestions? <
>
<
>
Currently I am:<
>
<
>
Imp Pilot : 2/1/1/1<
>
Novice Marksman: 4/4/4/4 - 10k from Master<
>
Novice Scout: 2/1/2/1<
>
Novice Medic: 0/0/0/0 (just have this for basic healing) <i></i>

Post subject: Re: SWG - Newbie Hell
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:26 AM 

Wait level 14? Did they add levels? My account is still active because of the all access thing but I havent played it in a long long time. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:29 AM 

They still have skill boxes, but now the boxes give you levels. So, if you are 2 master elite professions you will be level 80 (the max level). When you group, the group will have a level based on the highest character in group. So you might have a group of level 20s and have a level 80 join you, and your group can now kill level 80 stuff.<
>
<
>
<
>
Anyway, yeah you cannot use armor until you hit a novice elite prof, so for now if you have money buy Bio-enginereed clothes. Although you won't really need them depending on your profession. Also, I'm afraid most of the exp will come from grouping, soloing for exp in game has become kind of hard for some professions, and nearly impossible for others.<
>
<
>
<
>
Gosthok <i>Edited by: Gostlaic Gossipstone at: 7/1/05 1:29 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:00 PM 

I went ahead and bought it since I have the SOE all access thing. I bought a box set of the original plus both expansions for $20.00 at walmart.<
>
<
>
Haven't gotten too far past the tuturiol stage yet so I havent had any troubles killing things yet. Mylambehr Dethbayne<
>
<
>
<
>
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not &quot;Eureka!&quot; (I found it!) but &quot;That's funny ...&quot; <
>
-- Isaac Asimov<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:55 PM 

First ever mmorpg i've p[layed that is too laggy to play on dialup. I can't even get through Mos Eisley. I did struggle out and found some sand people to slay, but on any other p lanets, i've walked forever and saw nothing at all. Even with the free speeder, which is another famous SoE one shot deal, it takes forever to get around for even contact missions.<
>
<
>
This game isn't my cup of tea, but I tried it again after all the G4 commercials. I figured the JTL stuff would be cool, but alas, dont know what the deal is but its laggy as piss. <
>
This flag stands for freedom, and I live for what it stands for.<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:28 PM 

it's laggy and I got bored. I too tried it again, and wrote a post on it pre-ezboard meltdown, and promised I'd keep updating.<
>
<
>
Alas, apathy. I would have maintained that post, but since it's gone...<
>
<
>
Anyway, I'll write more later, but I just found it quickly to be not fun again. =(
<
>
Keep my head from exploding?... You can help!
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:11 PM 

The strongest thing in SWG is probably the community, at least on Ahazi. Other than that, the gameplay gets boring very fast. The planets are so big and so empty that there is really no point to exploring them. <
>
<
>
Kashyyyk introduced EQ type encounters and content, but people don't know how, or don't want to do them, heh. So really no point in trying. One of them is killing Grievus prototype copy, the reward is his space ship. But, people won't even try it without having a Jedi in group. :P <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:51 PM 

omg theres jedi's now? I thought they were still dicking people around making them get the hologram things, telling them they needed to be a master dancer and whatnot. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:47 PM 

There are lot's of Jedi now. Actually if you PvP and you have no Jedi you will lose if the other side has Jedi.<
>
<
>
Jedi now takes a minimum of 6 months to complete, you get it by doing a series of 6 quests, you can do one quest per month... :P <i>Edited by: Gostlaic Gossipstone at: 7/8/05 1:47 am<
></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:14 AM 

I unlocked my Jedi right before they changed the unlock system to a quest (I had to master 28 professions)....I played him to around mid-Knight level, then quit cause none of my friends played anymore and I got both my WoW and EQ2 beta invites in the same week.<
>
<
>
I was considering picking it up again just to screw around with the Jedi System and new combat system......if I have the money to waste on it......Molten Core and now Blackwing Lair are keeping me pretty busy in WoW so that wont happen for awhile <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:48 PM 

the new jedi quest is soloable? I have a bounty hunter (max pistol) /CHer <
>
<i></i>