It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:14 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:33 AM 

Here is a nice FAQ type write up about a variety of aspects of Vanguard, not exactly difficult to find but for you lazy people...<
>
<
>
http://www.thestra.com/forums/sh...tid=387621 <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:49 AM 

It sounds a lot like EQII. <
>
<
>
Perception sounds really neat in writing, can't wait to try it out.<
>
<
>
<
>
Gosthok <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:40 AM 

It will be nothing like EQ2. There is no instancing or locked encounters. There are no zones. Trains will be trains. Travel will not be instantaneus. Basically anything bad in EQ2 will not be in this game. Ermm That is pretty much all of EQ2 I guess, other than their take on HOs. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:41 PM 

You should have just posted "EQ2 sux other than the whores and Vanguard will be the best evah bitches!!@~~#@". <
>
<
>
That's pretty much what I read from your post. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:06 PM 

So, training is a fun and an essential element to the gameplay of a MMORPG now?... Yipee<
>
<
>
Anyway, I didn't say "OMG IT IS EQII!", but some of their ideas sound a lot like EQII's. And the FAQ on their website sounds a lot like the pre-relelease EQII FAQ. :P<
>
<
>
<
>
Gosthok <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:17 PM 

Heh, remember the trains back in Crushbone?<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:27 PM 

No this sounds like old school EQ adepted to "the next generation." I like the idea of completely no no-drop items actually, it will make dkp tracking a bit more difficult but will allow raid items to be passed down etc and create a few oppurtunties for the bazaar folk to drool. Just as long as they crack down on IGE as much as they have promised to that is.<
>
<
>
So many good things so far I have read, they really are adressing alot of issues in gaming that annoy me. I might actually get a guild going for this one when the time comes closer, first game I've been excited for minus trade skills of course.<
>
<
>
If they can pull off the AI that they claim they have this game will be a damn good game and from everything I have read they are adressing issues that need to be adressed however aren't over reacting with knee-jerk hardcore rules that ruin the game. It sure isn't going to be the ellusive "EQ" or "WoW" killer but its going to provide the gaming world with a game that they have wanted for a long time. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:39 PM 

ps....the fact that items are of total uniqueness and can't be dyed or customized and aren't cookie cutter'd like WoW's XXX of bear or donkey balls makes me very happy. Nothing was cooler then seeing Three yielding his double yak's or Lanwen in his SMR and all the noobs oo'n and awww'n.<
>
<
>
No wizzy teleports make me cry though, but offensive and defensive dual targeting makes me smile again. Its like a f'n emotional roller coaster ride I tell ya.... <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:26 AM 

Just for Neesha<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
"EQ2 sux other than the whores and Vanguard will be the best evah bitches" There ya go. EQ2 does suck, and mightly so. The jury is still out on VG but it is shaping up nicely.<
>
<
>
My favorite thing they are implementing is letting you lend stuff to people so they can use it but you can flag the item not dropable or sellable so you can be assured of getting it back. Hmm It does make me wonder what will happen later on if you are lent a bunch of stuff and the person quits. Are you stuck with the stuff forever? <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:02 AM 

but but but....this will elimante 50% of all shit list posts Guurn <i></i>