Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Iphone4 vs HTC Evo
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:08 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
I dont think it was posted here but ive seen that before. I love it, they need to do a new one with the Evo 3D or a samsung galaxy .. lol

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:03 PM 
I schooled the old school.

I am very very happy with my Motorola Triumph.

Paying $40 a month for unlimited data and texting and 1200 minutes of talk time is very hard to beat as well.

Oh, and no 2 year contract. Yeah also good!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:15 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Tranthas
WoW: Niali
I have an HTC Thunderbolt, and my only complaints are:

- Autocorrect on a Droid OS is completely retarded. Predictive text in general needs to be thought out again from the ground up -- it makes really stupid choices that I can't imagine being correct for the majority of use cases.

- The Thunderbolt's battery life is completely bullshit. If there's an incident at work and I'm not there, I generally have to get on the conference bridge using Lync on my laptop, because if I use my phone I'll only have about two hours of battery life.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:26 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

Tranthas wrote:
I have an HTC Thunderbolt, and my only complaints are:

- Autocorrect on a Droid OS is completely retarded. Predictive text in general needs to be thought out again from the ground up -- it makes really stupid choices that I can't imagine being correct for the majority of use cases.

- The Thunderbolt's battery life is completely bullshit. If there's an incident at work and I'm not there, I generally have to get on the conference bridge using Lync on my laptop, because if I use my phone I'll only have about two hours of battery life.

- Autocorrect isnt any better on the IPhone and just as annoying.

- Thunderbolts battery life is lacking, keep 4G radio off and display at %40 and should do better.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:38 PM 
I've pwned over 300 times!
I've pwned over 300 times!

Why so cheap, Fribur?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:37 PM 

It is just the price. It is Virgin Mobile prepaid which uses the Sprint network. I believe new customers pay $45 a month for my plan now but it still much better than the comparable plan from any major carrier. I switched away from Verizon to this about 2 years ago and have never regretted it.

I'm typing this post on that phone.... it's a pretty nice phone and something similar on Veeizon would have been nearly $1200 more over the course of a 2 year contract.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:51 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
that is the reason why I don't have a smartphone. I can't really justify the additional $30/month per phone. I would have to get at least two phones (wife and me) then have to put up with the nagging from my two teenage kids for not upgrading their phones. I am paying around $120 a month already!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:15 AM 

Update: we just updated our phone situation. We dropped Verizon because they didn't have a family bundle for data plans. We are on Sprint, added 3 smartphones and on almost smartphone and my bill didn't increase to holy crap levels. I got an HTC evo design and I love it so far. I made this post using it. I guess it was time I entered the modern era.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:17 AM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

krby71 wrote:
Update: we just updated our phone situation. We dropped Verizon because they didn't have a family bundle for data plans. We are on Sprint, added 3 smartphones and on almost smartphone and my bill didn't increase to holy crap levels. I got an HTC evo design and I love it so far. I made this post using it. I guess it was time I entered the modern era.

Welcome to sprint, I have the Design too (Rooted and removed all the bloatware) The device runs fine with what is installed!

If you ever have issues I can have someone call you from our Employee Helping customers, just toss me a Email at anthony.hays(a)sprint.com with your contact information (do not need personal info in the email)

Did you get a Corp/Business discount applied to your account for where you work at? If not go to sprint.com/verify and apply to see if we have one.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:03 PM 

yes, I did get a corporate discount.

Since I am a smartphone noob, I will shoot you an email to get assistance in what I should remove, tweaks and such.

Also, the sales tech that helped us was amazing. We arrived at the store about 3:30pm yesterday (Saturday) and he answered all our questions, told us all about the different discounts and was not pushy. As we got closer to 4:00 we told him that we needed to go pick up the boy (which we really did, he was at a Scout event) and would be back in about an hour. He said that was great for him as he was due to go to lunch. This gave us time to get our Verizon contract account info and do some last moment checking. We got back to the store around 5:00pm, and had everything signed up, set up, ported over, and then time training (my wife) how to use the phones. I was really pleased with his attention to detail and his ability to answer several questions nearly at the same time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:55 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

krby71 wrote:
Also, the sales tech that helped us was amazing. We arrived at the store about 3:30pm yesterday (Saturday) and he answered all our questions, told us all about the different discounts and was not pushy. As we got closer to 4:00 we told him that we needed to go pick up the boy (which we really did, he was at a Scout event) and would be back in about an hour. He said that was great for him as he was due to go to lunch. This gave us time to get our Verizon contract account info and do some last moment checking. We got back to the store around 5:00pm, and had everything signed up, set up, ported over, and then time training (my wife) how to use the phones. I was really pleased with his attention to detail and his ability to answer several questions nearly at the same time.

Thats always good to hear! Glad they were able to answer your questions with ease. I hate pushy sales people. :x

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:44 PM 

Holy fuck did I get SCREWED!

I am being charged $30 a phone additional on my account (I wasn't going to do that with Verizon why the hell am I going to do it with Sprint?)

And my damn service was cut off on April 12th for being 30 days past due. I turned on the account on March 4th! How the hell can I be more than 30 days past due when I had only had the account for 38 days! Not to mention that they dropped my corporate customer discount for a billing cycle. Then the damn chat customer service is a joke. I asked two questions and the bastard dropped me.

I am kicking myself for going back to Sprint.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:27 AM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

krby71 wrote:
Holy fuck did I get SCREWED!

I am being charged $30 a phone additional on my account (I wasn't going to do that with Verizon why the hell am I going to do it with Sprint?)

And my damn service was cut off on April 12th for being 30 days past due. I turned on the account on March 4th! How the hell can I be more than 30 days past due when I had only had the account for 38 days! Not to mention that they dropped my corporate customer discount for a billing cycle. Then the damn chat customer service is a joke. I asked two questions and the bastard dropped me.

I am kicking myself for going back to Sprint.

No Worries, I received your email communications and had you referred to our EHC department. Well see whats going on and move from there.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:05 PM 

Thanks Cak.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:20 PM 

Cak,
Did you update your Design to ICS recently? I did and now it is running like crap! I don't have many things installed on the phone at all (Facebook app, g-mail app, tweetdeck) and it takes so much longer for the baseline apps to open. For example it takes a good five to ten seconds for something as simple as SMS messaging to open. Under Gingerbread it took a second or so to open.

I read online that others are experiencing the same issues, any thoughts?

Oh, and no I have not rooted my phone yet. If this performance continues I may just have to.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:34 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

krby71 wrote:
Cak,
Did you update your Design to ICS recently? I did and now it is running like crap! I don't have many things installed on the phone at all (Facebook app, g-mail app, tweetdeck) and it takes so much longer for the baseline apps to open. For example it takes a good five to ten seconds for something as simple as SMS messaging to open. Under Gingerbread it took a second or so to open.

I read online that others are experiencing the same issues, any thoughts?

Oh, and no I have not rooted my phone yet. If this performance continues I may just have to.

Yeah mine was updated to ICS and had zero issues with the transistion, I didnt even lose anything really. Everything is very snappy now with ICS, but I do not use the HTC Sense Facebook App I mainly just use: HTC Calendar, Gmail, Twitter, Facebook stock apps.

Could be a corrupt download of the update, the only way to be certain is to factory reset the phone see if that fixes it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:22 PM 

that is my next step. I tried removing most of the "oh isn't that cute" apps (bartender, ultimate lightsaber, etc) deleted all my text history (with a 15 year old daughter, I can get 100 texts in a few weeks from her alone), and rebooted the phone and it is still slow.

Thanks for your input.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:57 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

krby71 wrote:
that is my next step. I tried removing most of the "oh isn't that cute" apps (bartender, ultimate lightsaber, etc) deleted all my text history (with a 15 year old daughter, I can get 100 texts in a few weeks from her alone), and rebooted the phone and it is still slow.

Thanks for your input.

You can also try to limit the amount of graphical flare on the device in settings, but again I did not have to do that and ive seen great performance on my device.

Also, you can set your Evo to limit the amount of texts it stores, just an FYI.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:55 PM 

I didn't have to with Gingerbread, you'd think with a new OS on a still new phone (that I thought was built to handle ICS) that I wouldn't have to do those things...

Offline Profile