It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:12 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:03 PM 
Bored Guru
Bored Guru

EQ1: Worthy
WoW: Worthy
I am working on a product that I hope to be able to have published in a couple of months. It is going to be a Hypnotic Power Nap CD. There are other similar products on the market, but, I hope the different things I add to it will make mine superior. I have access to a full sound studio and a person who teaches A/V at the University of New Haven and has a very heavy background in audio production.

Basically, here is how it will work.

It is designed to use a combination of Binaural Beats, Subliminal Suggestion, Direct and Indirect Hypnotic Suggestion and Neuro Linguistic Programming to give the person listening to it a Fast Deep Sleep session designed to make the person benefit from a short nap that makes them feel like they got a 2 to 4 hour sleep session. I will also add mild background suggestions for Unblocking Mental Blocks, Self Confidence, Self Esteem, Creativity, Stress Relief, Personal Motivation and an Overall Positive Attitude.

When you start the CD, it will guide you to a light sleep state, then bring you down to a Delta/Theta State, then as it comes to an end, it will bring you back up to a Beta State so you are wide awake and do not feel the GROG you might feel waking up from a normal nap.

Most others Power nap products I have researched are just a straight forward 30 minute session. I plan to have 3 sessions on my CD. A 20 Minute, a 30 Minute and a 45 Minute session.

People who I believe that can benefit from this product is anyone who needs to take a break, get a fresh start at work or at home. From a student who wants to start fresh before they study, to a truck driver who needs to make the best of what sleep he does allow himself, to someone in an office who has just been overwhelmed at work, and needs to get away for a bit so they can work more effectively.

I actually use a product like this right now, called Catnapper. I use it on my lunch break on my night job. It works pretty well, but, I think I can do a lot better.

Any thoughts?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:09 AM 
I schooled the old school.

What's a "Delta/Theta State?"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:19 PM 
Bored Guru
Bored Guru

Quote:
Hemisphere synchronization (from binaural beats) has been evidenced to positively impact a whole variety of emotional, spiritual and mental states. Each brain wave has a specific area of impact:

Frequency range Name: Usually associated with

> 40 Hz Gamma waves: Higher mental activity, including perception, problem solving, breakthroughs and consciousness

13–40 Hz Beta waves: Active, busy or focused thinking and concentration, arousal, cognition, memory

7–13 Hz Alpha waves: Deep relaxation (while awake), pre-sleep and pre-awake drowsiness

4–7 Hz Theta waves: Dreams, deep meditation, REM sleep, astral projection

< 4 Hz Delta waves: Deep dreamless sleep, loss of body awareness

By choosing specific binaural beat patterns you can modify your experience and feelings as you see fit, and even replicate natural cycles in the human brain (like sleep or concentration). Binaural beats are perfect for augmenting any day to-day experience with either enhances alertness and concentration on one end, or increased relaxation and sleep on the other.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:32 PM 

Where did that come from?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:51 PM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
Quote:
Would you buy this product?

No.

But then, I don't "nap". It is an all or nothing thing with me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:19 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
Worthy,

It sounds interesting to me, but not interesting enough to buy without hearing it first. I think you'll probably have a lot of skepticism with this product but maybe that's just me. If you're going to have 3 ranges, you may think about even including a 1 hour session and letting people download the 20 min session for demo...or make it a 15 min session. Just something for people to try out and see if it actually works for them.

Then sell them the bundle. Maybe include a separate, unrelated hypno session to tantalize them further, or give them a voucher for 1 free download of a different session of their choosing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:26 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Is there any real science behind all this?

Of course, I'm probably not in your target market.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:24 PM 
Bored Guru
Bored Guru

yes, it is real science.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats

Like I said, there are other products out there that do this. I just feel I can do it better.

Offline Profile