It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:04 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:31 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

What way of dying just scares the crap out of you?

For me it is a slow death by an overdose injection by something like Heroin.

Even seeing it on movies creeps me out. Knowing you cannot do anything about it.

What about you?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:33 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

I KNEW you were a serial killer. wtf man

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:41 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Death by reading [Cicely's posts]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:27 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

EQ1: Syuni D'zpecyzczn
Neesha the Necro wrote:
Death by reading [Cicely's posts]

I LOLed.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:15 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

WoW: Prystus
I have a personal, irrational fear of being restrained. Not claustarphobia. but restraint. Being tied to a chair. Locked in a coffin. I Can go into a closet and close the door no problem. but if you blocked it with a chair? I'd go apeshit.

I live in terror of the idea of being trapped in my own body. A stroke taking my movements away from me, the fact that I am genetically predisposed to Lou Gerrigs (Sp?) that may one day take away my mobility.

The thought of, dying, in utter maddening terror, because some asshole made the decision I should be kept alive until natural death despite being unable to move, when I think about it. it can drive me to tears if I let the thought go on too long.

That Metallica Song. "One"? I believe it is called. scares me every time I hear it. I can't even watch Kill Bill Volume 2 because of the coffin scene.

To die robbed of my physical functions, and being aware I lost them, is the most terrifying thing I can imagine.

"People sometimes say that ideas cannot be stamped out by force. The Albigensian Crusade proves them wrong. Ideas can be stamped out by the elimination of everyone who holds the ideas." - Quote :"Middle Ages" by Morris Bishop.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:35 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Launched into space on a life support system with a mouth guard that prevents me from chewing my tongue out, only to die of old age 60 years later.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:36 AM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
Drowning or Freezing both of those just do not settle with me at all.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:07 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

EQ1: Xantheus
WoW: Xantheus
Freezing you just fall asleep, not so bad. Burning on the other hand....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:24 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Xantheus Diabolus wrote:
Freezing you just fall asleep, not so bad. Burning on the other hand....

Sure, you just fall asleep but you could potentially be suffering for hours or even days before succumbing. I hate da cold!

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:47 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
Hydrofluoric Acid

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:24 PM 
I schooled the old school.

what about being buried in a coffin and left to die? That seems horrible to me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:51 PM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

Burning to almost death, only to die later of infection and pain. I've been close to freezing 2 times and believe me, it would be easy. That's why it is scary. Not because it is horrible.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:01 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Can mark off getting smooshed by a car. I was hit head-on by a car doing 15 over the 35Mph speed limit on my bike back in highschool. It hurt like everloving hell but it's like your animal brain takes over. I remember agony and bleeding all over the supremely hot July asphalt...but also remember the overwhelming urge to crawl off the street and find some bushes like an animal sneaking off to die.... Weird...I know lol...

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:31 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Worst death: Getting eaten alive by a million red ants.

Best death: DEATH BY SNU SNU!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:57 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
I'd rather not be beheaded. That's scary...especially if your head lands in a position where you watch your own body fall over for those brief seconds...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:09 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Draagun Dwarvepunter
WoW: Draagun
Back in the "cave boom" days of Kentucky, men were out on their land exploring their properties trying to find caves so their land could be part of the new tourist boom.

One guy (I can not remember his name) was out on his land when he found a small opening. He crawled inside, hoping the hole would lead to a larger system of caves.

Unfortunately, he got stuck. Out in the middle of nowhere, he cried out for help for days, until finally, days later, he died.

Yeah, so, I don't want to die that way.

Mainly though, I fear having some kinds cancer that just destroys my quality of life and makes me a burden to my loved ones for extended periods of time, before I ultimately die (slowly and painfully).

I feel like a little old lady saying, "I just don't want to be a bother".

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:18 PM 

Quote:
I'd rather not be beheaded. That's scary...especially if your head lands in a position where you watch your own body fall over for those brief seconds...

If that's medically possible, that actually sounds kind of neat to me :p

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:15 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

i think it would suck to be tied up naked in the upper peninsula of michigan in the middle of august near a large pool of stagnant water and left to be slowly devoured by swarms of hungry mosquitos

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:35 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

You mean this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaphism

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:15 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

oh god

*cringe*

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:50 PM 

I think mine would be death by reading as well, but it would be by 500,000 one-line troll posts on the WoW forums, read in succession one after the other. A long, thought out and intelligent post would completely break this cycle, however.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:26 AM 
What? Another Expansion?!
What? Another Expansion?!

Burning, has to be burning. I hate burning myself on the oven, I can't imagine the pain of it happening to a large area of my body. /shudder

As for freezing to death, like someone else said, that would likely be easy, been fairly close once and you just want to go to sleep.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 AM 

Quote:
A long, thought out and intelligent post would completely break this cycle, however.
You're welcome, Venen! ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:29 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

I don't know, drowning in a septic tank would be pretty bad.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:33 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Old Age

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:26 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

I think being burned to death would suck pretty badly...but being tortured to death in an pre-Iraq War "jail" would probably suck beyond all measure.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:10 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

Some disease where you slowly lose your "self", like Alzheimers. Or being aware and trapped inside your body with something like Lou Gehrigs.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:03 AM 
Noob
Noob

EQ1: Soulstone Elwyn
Frogggystyle wrote:
I think being burned to death would suck pretty badly...but being tortured to death in an pre-Iraq War "jail" would probably suck beyond all measure.

Both of those are high on my list. I'd add drowning as well, that would suck.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:12 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

I’ve gotten to watch, recently. First hand, the devastation Alzheimer’s has on a person.

Not just to the person suffering it, but to the people, friends, and family around that person.

My Stepfather was diagnosed with Dementia and probable Alzheimer’s (I never quite understood it. apparently the dementia was Alzheimer’s? Or something?) Last October.

Two weeks before Christmas. I was driving him to the bank, he was holding semi-intelligent and at least self aware lucid conversation with the bank teller.

Christmas DAY, he was having difficulty realizing what day it was, and the fact there were presents for him.

The day after new years, he stopped being able to walk. It took myself, my mother and two neighbors to remove him from the bathroom. To his bed.

A week later we sent him to hospice care to give him physical therapy, and adjusts his meds to control the Alzheimer’s descent.

He returned 28 days later. Totally bed ridden, barely cognizant of who we were not longer able to carry on a single typical conversation. He used my name, twice, while we were changing his sheets, and shifting his body to prevent bed sores.

March 6th. He stopped being able to swallow. (They don’t tell you, and most people do not know Alzheimer’s does more than fuck up your memory. It steadily shuts down all cognitive functions AND shuts down all involuntary functions. In the end you just. “turn-off”)

March 14th. He passed away. He’d been struggling with a 104 degree on and off fever (The mind stops regulating the body temperature and it begins to fluctuate wildly for no reason whatsoever.), Pneumonia (brought from the Hospice care place) and looked like a skeleton despite only losing 20 pounds.

I would Never, EVER wish that death on anyone; period.

I had to watch a parade of children and family come by stare and cry at the, more or less, body; that laid in the bed.

"People sometimes say that ideas cannot be stamped out by force. The Albigensian Crusade proves them wrong. Ideas can be stamped out by the elimination of everyone who holds the ideas." - Quote :"Middle Ages" by Morris Bishop.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:22 AM 
Bored Guru
Bored Guru

EQ1: Worthy
WoW: Worthy
Wow.. I am sorry for your loss man.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:03 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Quote:
Burning, has to be burning. I hate burning myself on the oven, I can't imagine the pain of it happening to a large area of my body. /shudder

Burning; In a major way, is not as traumatic to “Feel” as you would think. It tends to happen so quickly, and you are so full of adrenaline, you rarely notice the pain.

At a certain point and depth of burn, the nerve endings are brunt away, and you don’t feel anything.

People would mostly third degree burns don’t feel it; despite the horror of how it looks.

Back in November of ‘87. I received a small burn patch on my lower right leg. An area about the size of a dime was 3rd degree. It wrapped my entire leg, and threatened the bone at the front of the appendage.

Honestly? Despite the presence of second degree burns around it, and some 1st degree, I felt nothing at all.

It wasn’t til a month later when the doctor decided the Silvadene(Sp?) cream and wrappings were not doing the job amd my skin was ROTTING. That they moved to debriding. [[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debridement ]]

THAT, was beyond any pain I have ever encountered. First they dropped me leg in a medical tub full of water and Epsom salt. It was near boiling temperature by the way. They of course gave me nothing for the burning pain my normal undamaged skin felt for the water.

Let it vibrate tilt he water cooled, then broke out the tweezers and scissors.

They removed dead and rotting flesh, then began to cut away LIVING flesh around the edge of the wound to prompt it to grow and cover the dead area.

I was lucky the size of the 3rd degree area was so small, that my living skin could grow to cover it naturally. Or I would have been forced to have a skin graft from my backside to cover it. I narrowly avoided that.

All in all, that burn you feel from accidentally touching something is intense. But its nothing like REALLY being burned is like. This opinion based on real life knowledge, and the things I have heard doctors say. Some others may have a differing experience or opinion.

23 years later I of course still have the burn scar around my right leg. SOME of the scar tissue has receded over the years, but not much.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:50 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

You know that scene in Dodgeball where Justin Long's head goes into the elephantesque cheerleaders vagina? Yeah, that death.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:35 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
Waiting 46 hours in the ER to have my gunshot wound to the head operated on. NObama

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:55 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Oh, ok randy. Even though the only thing that, hopefully, changes about ER care is that people actually have insurance to foot the bill. Right now, today, ANYONE, citizen or not can go to an ER and they have no choice but to treat them. Same situation a year ago. But hey, Palin does look like she could suck a mean dick.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:08 AM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

Better we all pay than the state that is letting their system be abused. Fraud is the basis for a healthy economy after all.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:44 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

I love how the Right has everyone (even those who benefit the most from it) convinced that it's totally rational to believe that this bill is going to totally ruin heath care, doctors are all gonna quit, we're all gonna die, and this is all totally planned by Obama.

/boggle

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:50 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

Yeah, amazing that, since we all known government control has fixed everything else!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:57 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
Quick story:

Flashback to my college years and doing a chemistry research project over the summer down the shore (tough life, I know!). I was taking water samples early in the morning from different depths and distances off the beach around sunrise, before anyone else was around. I was about 50-60 yards off shore when a fin pops up out of the water a few dozen feet away and is making a quick bee line towards me. A lot when through my mind very quickly at that point, firstly, what the hell am I doing in the water, you never see sharks on land...just stay the hell where you are supposed to be! Second I though what jackass said hit a shark in the nose, I couldn't see shit through the water and the idea of punching this thing seemed like the most absurd thing I could think of. Then the whole life flash thing, I don't know how much flashed, but considering how quick this whole thing really went down, a lot for the time given. Well, about 15' away it jumps and of course it's a dolphin and not a shark and it's just playing and curious about me. I think I missed a great opportunity to swim with a dolphin there, but I got myself back to land in a hurry and went back to the house. To this day, although I've never really been in the water with a shark (at least that I know of) it is absolutely my greatest fear. Screw that getting back on the horse bit, I'm a wuss in water now.

On a side note, my sympathetic friends? Yeah right, first thing they said when I got back was "Couldn't you tell the different in shape of the dorsel fin?" Hrmph.

Short version: Death by Jaws.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:57 AM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
In a Government run hospital with Government provided insurance staffed by last in their classes Doctors and Nurses who couldn't get a job anywhere else...

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:22 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Having to listen to an army of uninformed right-wingers talk about all the fictional political things they've invented.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:47 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Drowning: You are aware completely aware, struggling for air.

Sudden violent rending: I had a close brush with a band saw that has me terrified of industrial machinery to this day. Even thinking about it tenses me up.

Strokes: I'm more afraid of living through a stroke than dieing from one.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:37 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
Snarky00 wrote:
Strokes: I'm terrified of them releasing a fourth album that is infinitely worse than the pretty-bad third one.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:14 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
Agreed Binkee

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:42 AM 
Bored Guru
Bored Guru

Snarky00 wrote:
Drowning: You are aware completely aware, struggling for air.

I can relate to that one.
Back in 1981, I was in Submarine School. We had to go into the Escape Trainer, the Diving Tower.
Attachment:
Escape Trainer.jpg

To use it, you go about halfway up and enter an airlock. It is about 6 feet across and a little over 6 feet tall, like a big barrel.

They would fill it up with water, to about 10 inches from the top. Then they would let you out into the main tower to the side about 50 feet down wearing a Stanki-Hood. (Spelling)

Inside the airlock, when the water was full is the only time I have ever really felt fear and claustrophobic from the water and the confined space.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:11 AM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
Torture. My biggest fear is needing to die, and not being able to.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:22 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Being part of the Human Centipede.

Please note that video may make you lose your lunch/job.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:57 AM 
Bored Guru
Bored Guru

intin wrote:
Being part of the Human Centipede.

Please note that video may make you lose your lunch/job.

Good Gawd, you have to be kidding!
How do you even find this kind of thing?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:09 PM 
Bored Guru
Bored Guru

This just made my list.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/7787039/Cage-fighter-ripped-out-heart-of-training-partner.html

Offline Profile