It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:11 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:26 AM 
Bored Guru
Bored Guru

EQ1: Worthy
WoW: Worthy
Most of the shows I do are private functions, but, I do have a major one coming up in a couple of months. I will be doing a show there, for the 4th year in a row. It will be in Hartford, Connecticut at the Convention Center. Not sure if any of you are close enough to check it out.

http://www.connecticon.org

Quote:
About ConnectiCon

ConnectiCon is a membership based, educational organization dedicated to creating awareness of, and appreciation for, video games, anime, comics, games (board games, CCG’s, RPG’s, LARP, miniature wargaming), science fiction, fantasy, horror, and related genres.

This mission is accomplished primarily through the presentation of conventions and events that celebrate the historic and ongoing contribution of the represented genres to art and culture.

Our organization seeks to satisfy its mission through hosting an annual convention, ConnectiCon, at the Connecticut Convention Center, located in Hartford, CT each summer.

Utilizing over 300,000 sq. ft. of meeting, exhibit and pre-function space. The convention offers over 7,000 hours of events, featuring guest speakers, informational panels and workshops, interactive events for all members to enjoy including performances, dances, tournaments, games, and other program items that our members might enjoy.

ConnectiCon’s volunteer-based staff puts in hundreds of hours each year in event planning and programming, so that our members have not just an educational experience, but an exciting and fun experience as well.

Additionally, ConnectiCon hosts Member Appreciation Days at our offices in Newington, CT on the 2nd Saturday of each month. These events are 12-hours long and provide a more low-key, laid back atmosphere than the convention. Members generally find it a good way to hang out and share their hobby with one another on a more personal level, as well as the chance to directly interact with staff members, and help make our annual convention, ConnectiCon, a better event.

ConnectiCon is a volunteer-run organization. Without the help of our volunteers and volunteer staff, ConnectiCon would be unable to sustain its mission.

If you are interested in joining our volunteer staff please check out of Staff Registration page.

Attachment:
ConnectiCon 2009.jpg

Just giving you a heads up if any of you want to check it out.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:07 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

If I were any where near Connecticut I would definitely come. Kick some ass homie.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:05 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Tyral
Yeah, same here. Break a leg and all that. I'm sure it'll be a great show.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:39 PM 
Bored Guru
Bored Guru

This will be my 4th year doing my show for ConnectiCon.

I found out that the creative team for Least I Could Do is going to be there too. (If you have not read that web comic, go check it out on the link, it is funny as hell.)

It usually is really a good time. People in costumes all over the place.

I think they had about 7000 or so at the convention last year, about 500 showed up for my show. They have events going on all over the convention center.

This is probably the easiest show I do. People with good imaginations make the best subjects. Last year, I had some people place a few Pikachu(sp?) Dolls on the stage, and I made the victi...(cough) I mean subjects think they were real. It was a variation of my shoe puppy routine.

We are doing something a bit different this year. We are going to Video tape the show and offer it online on DVD to be ordered. We will use that service that I once talked about, http://kunaki.com to upload it and sell it. If we list it for $25 and sell it for $16 each for people who order before a certain time, that should work out OK. I am figuring about a $12 off each one sold, with a 50%/50% Split between me and ConnectiCon. (They have TV Quality video gear and will be doing my recording.) I think that 500 sold would be realistic, and enough money to make it worth it. ($6x500=$3000)

If it works as planned, I will put up a special link for Lanys people and sell the DVD to you guys for $10 in case anyone wants to see my whole show.

If this works out for this convention, I am looking at starting to offer this package deal to other conventions. A FREE Show for them, and I get to make and sell the video of the show. With a big enough crowd, it might be worth it to travel.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:07 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Worthy...you need to hypnotize hot chicks to take their clothes off during your show. I would definitely come to see that. Normally I have to pay strippers for that service. :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:29 PM 
Bored Guru
Bored Guru

Here is the flyer for the event. I think it represents it a bit better than the website. It is usually a lot o fun.

Here is the outside.
Attachment:
Connecticon Flyer 001.jpg

Here is the inside.
Attachment:
Connecticon Flyer.jpg

It was just a tad bit too big for my scanner.

Offline Profile