It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:00 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:00 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

I don't think I've ever *seen* you flame, Arach, aside from the jab or two. Will you blame me if I have my doubts on the amount of said ammunition?! =p

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:53 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Arachtivix wrote:
Actually, Orme, I saw it as evidence of personal growth. You might take a compliment once in a while. By the way, stop trying to play lawyer. You're not very good at or smart about it. Yes, non-lawyers, even those with MBA's, can get in trouble for answering legal questions like you seem to be offering. You're just going to have to trust me that there's a really important line there and offering to cite case law is a pretty solid example of it.

Edit: I deleted my previous response. In repose, I decided not to continue the flaming, despite having plenty of tempting ammunition.
I'm a big boy - please fire away. I enjoy seeing your fruitless attacks.

I keep forgetting you and Skycrasher are going to night school so you can chase ambulences... woo woo, I need to listen to you.

What are your qualifications again there tough guy?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:56 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Elessar wrote:
Bit of a silly comparison, tho I see where you're going. But saying, "So, we pulled the mobs, and they wouldn't split*Jane is a turdsmuggler of a boss who eats llama-pooh covered asscock*so we decided to just train to zone and kill the other spawns." isn't nearly as slick, yeah?
Oh, I get you and get that people see a difference. But I do not see why someone in their off time should be expected to hold a conversation in a non-native language so someone else can feel invited to listen. Again, I do not see that as any different than you and I talking about hard drive specs in the break room in front of a 70 year old secretary.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:32 AM 
I've pwned over 300 times!

Orme, a Singing Bard wrote:
I'm a big boy - please fire away. I enjoy seeing your fruitless attacks.

It's really a pity you're so utterly incapable of reflection or introspection. I'm playing a different game than you are, buddy. I was actually remarking in my first post in this thread what I saw as a rare example of you being able to acknowledge at least some kind of complexity. I don't feel the need to have the last word in every circumstance, especially when your responses don't merit an honest reply, but that's not because I have nothing to say.

Your self esteem clearly relies largely on belittling others. That's usually the case with people who are insecure about their own place in life, as well you should be. Let's face it, the MBA is a vanity degree at best; anyone can do the work of an MBA without an MBA. This is not even close to true of any other professional degree. You can't practice law or medicine without a degree in those fields. What, pray tell me, is the province of the MBA? You can't even teach college (in any respectable institution) with one (lol @ your teaching community college, by the way). You yourself have already expressed doubt as to the value of your degree in other threads. And dude, your school isn't even ranked. I checked. My school is, and it's a pretty modest tier 1 school, but I'm not the one claiming to be the master of the universe here.

And your job? Come on man. You've complained that you don't get enough purely managerial work and that you usually are stuck doing the logistical details for this architectural firm or something. Sounds like an errand boy job to me, buddy.

And your crap about not going into debt, then we learn you apparently don't count the debt to your employer as "debt" because then you'd have to come to terms with the fact that you, too, paid for your degree.

Night school? I seem to recall that you're the one who went to night school. A no-doubt abbreviated farm-out-job half-ass MBA program designed by the university to milk corporate budgets and muted individual ambitions for every penny they're worth, giving in exchange some little tutorials on probability and statistics, business "strategy", and maybe some accounting if you're lucky. I attended a business school for undergrad and I can't say I was impressed with your type wandering the halls: strident, over-confident MBA candidates who thought they were god's gift to academia because they had worked a 50-hour job at some point in their lives.

Everyone in that school was convinced they'd be CEO's. I bet you think that too. But someone with your pathological personality would surely screw that up even if you did somehow get the chance to enter upper management.

I have some honest advice for you: don't test the marketability of that degree you're so haughty about. I know people with MBA's from schools that are actually respectable who are actually running retail franchises because they couldn't find any other work. Don't try to leave your city, either, as no one is going to even bat an eye at an MBA from a business school they've never heard of.

And this is off memory. Don't make me take notes.

http://boxrockssocks.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Arachtivix on Tue May 12, 2009 1:45 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:40 AM 

Oh, and learn to spell words like "ambulance". Jesus.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:21 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Pew pew pew!

At the very least, I'm glad that I'm not the only one that bothers replying to Orme's little self-esteem-building tirades. =D

Quote:
Certainly you (of all people) would not suggest changing your behavior at work to suit people's norms, right?

Come on, where is your indignant outrage that "the man" is trying to control these people?

You're still trying too hard. Let it go, sir.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:32 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

EQ1: Daas
WoW: Vuloth
EQ2: Daas
With the discussion of legal matters I can't help but wonder: WWxSxD?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:42 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Arachtivix wrote:
It's really a pity you're so utterly incapable of reflection or introspection. I'm playing a different game than you are, buddy. I was actu {snip} Don't make me take notes.
I am flattered you read me so closely, thank you.

On a flame scale from 1 to 10... I give you a 4. You get 2-3 points for making historical references and a point for wild misinterpretations.

It's a good start, but as a note - if you say "OMG I COULD FLAMZE YOU TO DEATH", you need to come out with bigger guns than, "you are overpaid and won't be CEO someday." At that point you really need to post nude pictures of me having at it with an unattractive donkey.

Either way, you never did post your expert qualifications other than you have a business degree (color me impressed). Maybe your frustration comes from the fact that I already am at the place your trying to reach. I dunno.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:43 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Bovinity Divinity wrote:
Pew pew pew!

At the very least, I'm glad that I'm not the only one that bothers replying to Orme's little self-esteem-building tirades. =D

Quote:
Certainly you (of all people) would not suggest changing your behavior at work to suit people's norms, right?

Come on, where is your indignant outrage that "the man" is trying to control these people?

You're still trying too hard. Let it go, sir.
Not really, you keep missing the point.

When you live by YOUR STANDARD, people should accept it.
When other people do not live by YOUR STANDARD, they should change.

Of all the people who have posted "you have a right to be yourself", I find it amusing you are on the opposite side of self-expression here.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:35 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

And you're still trying too hard. And you're so full of yourself that you fail to realize that you're the one missing the point.

You're so damn eager to be right and "pwn" people that you look like a complete moron, running from thread to thread attacking anything I post that has anything to do with simple courtesy, which is in no way what my stance in that other thread was about.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:37 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
I am flattered you read me so closely, thank you.

On a flame scale from 1 to 10... I give you a 4. You get 2-3 points for making historical references and a point for wild misinterpretations.

It's a good start, but as a note - if you say "OMG I COULD FLAMZE YOU TO DEATH", you need to come out with bigger guns than, "you are overpaid and won't be CEO someday." At that point you really need to post nude pictures of me having at it with an unattractive donkey.

Either way, you never did post your expert qualifications other than you have a business degree (color me impressed). Maybe your frustration comes from the fact that I already am at the place your trying to reach. I dunno.

That's all you've got? Arach steamrolled you, son.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:43 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Man, anyone else remember when this forum had good flames on it?

Why don't you guys just post your resumes and bank statements and be done with this horseshit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:48 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Orme reminds me of Sam Deathwalker, seriously.

Anyone who gets that reference, I'm sorry. =(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:53 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

noojens wrote:
Man, anyone else remember when this forum had good flames on it? Why don't you guys just post your resumes and bank statements and be done with this horseshit.
It's sad, but there's no skin in the game, so there can't be any good, personal flames :(
When this board was EQ related, there was a real stake involved.

Unfortunately, I don't have the energy to write a page long retort about how Architix has never done anything in life but play school. And what does posting that accomplish? Proving he's Skycrasher 2? Big deal.
He posts that he "attends a {unnamed} TIER 1 SCHOOL". Woopy frickin doo.
So, now I can dare him to post the name.
Then he says he doesn't want a stalker or he posts the name and I say I don't believe him. /yawn, circles
Although it is hard to resist as someone spouts aobut their TIER 1 SCHOOL (rawr).

The whole "you ain't nothin IRL" is a bit dull. Haven't we seen that played out enough? Even when people were ragging Bovinity for being a 30 year old waiter, I didn't chime in because that doesn't mean shit. He's wrong because... well, he's wrong. Not because he won't get a haircut.

But, if Bov says he pwned me, it must be true - after all there was a spelling flame in there too (sign of an ultimate board warrior)
I found the "oh he got you" post actually amusing. I figured self-proclaimed Mensa members could do better.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:59 PM 

Look, it was obviously against my nature to "flame" you in the first place, but I'll give it a shot if you (literally) ask for it. It's really easy to caricature anyone in a bad light. It doesn't mean shit and it's a game that can't be won like you seem to think it can. To be perfectly honest, I don't care how you and I stack up and never really did. I double pinky swear that I actually was happy to see what you said that I quoted in my first post, even if it was a slightly backhanded way of saying it. I'm sorry that you're so easily provoked? I mean, really, grow some skin.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:29 PM 
I schooled the old school.
I schooled the old school.

Not taking sides on this one over all, but I gotta say I read Arach's post and said to myself, "oh shit it's on!"

So far Orme, your responses are disappointing :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:35 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Sorry Fribur - I don't know enough to play "you suck IRL with these two." Bovinity plans to do nothing with his life and is happy about it. Not much to flame about. Arachtivix apparently has never actually worked a job but thinks getting a law degree will make him uber (hi Skycrasher).

As for my school, I have never posted that it is a top ranked school. Xavier's MBA is easily regarded as the best within reasonable distance of where I live. Honestly, I picked it for the convenience.

Again, can't rip Arachtx's supposed "tier 1 school" because he doesn't name it. And even if he did, there is no way to prove he actually is in it. I have no idea who he was in game or his history, so there is no way to measure at what level he is full of shit.

The whole thing about me secretly being in debt is laughable. Yes, I "owe" around $25k to my company. Of course, this is in imaginary dollars that are forgiven as I work. If I got laid off, the debt is forgiven. If I get another job, the new company would write me a signing bonus to cover it. Again, if Aracthix had any understanding of the real world, he would realize that at the "big boy" level, these sort of things are handled differently.

And lastly, he calls me an errand boy? OK. Great. I'm an incredibly well paid errand boy. He flames me for wanting to advance... um OK. The reason I am where I am is due to something called "drive".

Beyond that, like I said- I really don't know what to flame. I'm getting ripped by two people who have done nothing with their lives. I simply have no idea how to attack that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:00 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Draagun Dwarvepunter
WoW: Draagun
SkycrasherII: tomorrows buzzword, today.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:04 PM 

I'm stunned. Just stunned. I thought we had somehow managed to semi-rationally tail off there. I underestimated your neediness, lol.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:52 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

It's cute to see him fly off into those self-validating rants, Arach.

It's like Stewart Smalley, but instead of a mirror he uses a message board. =D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:45 AM 

How did Arach manage to steal my title of Skycrasher 2.0? This is ridiculous.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:55 AM 
Spider Slayer

it isn't hard to be skycrasher

i'm better than u irl if u haven't achieve wut i have u never will in ur entire life i'm a nice guy lets have a beer sometime im proud of my family im in law school nigger faggot jew oh and popular music, video games, and movies, especially ones you like, they suck wow is the best vote obama

Offline Profile